Terms and Conditions
The prices throughout this site include GST, so you can be confident of price accuracy. At Tecsun Radios Australia, we make every endeavour to maintain prices on our website. However, factors beyond our control (such as charges in foreign currency exchange rates, changes in base material costs, etc.) may vary costs and we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly.
At Tecsun Radios Australia we are constantly seeking new products and due to the rapid developments within the electronics industry some products in this website may become obsolete or discontinued during its life. In the event of this happening we apologise for the inconvenience and where possible will substitute a similar product or equal or better quality.
Occasionally, due to reasons beyond our control, new products may be delayed from the time they are posted on the website.
Tecsun Radios Australia warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated in the catalogue. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If any defect in materials or workmanship in product sold by Tecsun Radios Australia is identified and notified to us within the warranty period then we will, at our discretion repair or replace the product. Tecsun Radios Australia does not accept any liability beyond this for consequential loss. Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was not caused by, or was not substantially contributed to by, other factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to) defective installation, maintenance, or repair; alterations or modifications of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; or any neglect, misuse or excessive use. To claim under warranty, return the product to a Tecsun Radios Australia store within the warranty period with all original sales dockets to provide starting date of the warranty period. Freight to and from the service department is required to be paid by the customer.
Freight Charges Relating to Warranty Items
Warranty repairs or replacements of goods is free of charge however freight charges to and from the service department is required to be paid by the customer.
We are proud of our standing with Customers and are keen to get any feedback, good or bad, to improve our service, products, online stores, or social media channels – in fact any aspect of our business. So please, do not hesitate to contact us.
Online and Mail Order Purchases
• Payment – via Pay Pal, Direct Bank Transfer, Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express), cheque , or money order.
• International Orders – Please remember you may have to pay customs and importing charges at your end (if applicable). We cannot supply full customs documentation, but all parcels include required custom dockets. Should you require to return goods for any reason from outside Australia it is essential that customs documentation is included. If customs dockets are not included it can be a costly exercise to have the goods cleared by Customs and the customer must pay this charge. Failure to include customs documentation may result in long delays. Note: Tecsun Radios Australia cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the suitability of any product for use outside Australia, nor its compliance with local regulations.
• Please understand that company policy is that we do not under any circumstances issue instructions to our shippers to leave shipments unattended when no one is at the delivery location. Shippers also do not ring mobile or phone numbers to confirm deliveries. It is up to the receiver to make arrangements to be at the delivery location to receive orders, or leave authorisation for an agent to sign for them, on delivery.
• Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information
• Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it
• Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
• Collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where we are required to do so by law
• Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
• Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
• Provide individuals access to their personal information on request
Tecsun Radios Australia recognises and respects the importance of each individual’s privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by Tecsun Radios Australia is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What do we use personal information for?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry, transaction or application for employment. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Av-Comm Pty Ltd Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
Tecsun Radios Australia operates under the laws and regulations of the State of New South Wales. Therefore any legal disputes will be conducted in courts or tribunals situated in New South Wales and under the laws and regulations of New South Wales.
All possible care has been taken in the preparation of this website. However, specification and particulars in relation to the products referred to in our catalogue and website are subject to change without prior notice. Some photographs contain samples which are representative only. Stocked item may vary in colour and look. Tecsun Radios Australia will not be held liable for any errors or omissions.