The Tecsun PL365 was recently reviewed by Radio Jay on his blog.
Here are just a few of the things he had to say about the PL365
“The ETM has its own, temporary 100 station memory which is perfect for travelling to new areas where you can quickly populate that memory bank with receivable signals in that location leaving all your other 450 presets untouched…very convenient.”
“Tecsun has done an incredible job of making SSB tuning as precise and easy as can be”
“Its overall performance is excellent for the size and price”
“Its layout and design were carefully considered and well executed”
“The general shape and layout of the radio make one-handed tuning as easy as possible”
We’ve had a bit of a play around with the Tecsun PL365 today too!
Thanks to Radio Jay for this review very detailed review. Read the full review here.
Garry VK2YBX has prepared some great tips and tricks for using the Tecsun PL365. You can read them here.
Treat yourself to a great new radio today. Buy the PL365 now.
The Tecsun PL680 has been a long time coming to the Australian market so we’re very excited that Silicon Chip Magazine has featured this great new addition to our range of radios in their most recent December 2015 magazine’s Product Showcase.
“For keen shortwave listeners, you’ll notice the difference in the PL680.”
– Silicon Chip Magazine
And the Silicon Chip team aren’t the only ones excited about the upgrades. Here are just a few other reviews the PL680 has received:
“Worth the upgrade.”
“Tecsun certainly gives you a lot of bang for your buck.”
The PL680 was featured and reviewed in Silicon Chip Magazine alongside the new Tecsun PL365 giving two of our most popular portable receivers a major makeover, making them even better value for money.
The PL680 radio with VHF Air Band is a great radio for communications enthusiasts with the radio providing excellent reception to all of the major frequency bands including AM/MW, FM, Shortwave with SSB, Longwave, and VHF Air Band.
The Tecsun PL365 is the only radio in the Tecsun range (apart from the Tecsun S2000 Desktop Radio) to provide an external antenna connection for the AM/MW band. The Tecsun PL365 Radio is an ideal radio to use for AM/MW EMI surveys because of its external AM antenna, ability to accept customised antennas and display showing signal strength in dBuV.
Both radios are available and in stock now, right in time for Christmas.
Radio reviewer Gary Ryan VK2ZKT has put together this great list of top tips for using the Tecsun AN100 Loop Antenna to help get the best AM reception with your radio.
Tecsun AN100 Loop Antenna Top Tips by Gary Ryan:
- Place the radio and loop outside the house if possible on your veranda or outdoor entertaining area.
- If used inside always switch off all light dimmers.
- Switch off energy saving lamps; these produce all kinds of noise.
- Keep the loop as far as possible away from home entertainment systems like DVD players, LCD and Plasma TVs, set top boxes and the like, as the majority all use switch mode power supplies.
- Start by keeping the loop as close as possible to the radio, within 30mm. The distance will vary, depending upon the size of the ferrite rod antenna inside your receiver, so determine the optimum distance by observing the signal strength.
- Keep mobile phones away from the loop.
- Place the radio for optimum signal by rotating it on a flat surface. Best reception should be obtained when the radio is facing 90 degrees from the direction of the transmitter.
- First tune the receiver to the frequency of interest, then tune the loop for best reception.
- Try different locations in your home; remember you may have insulation that is backed with foil in your walls and or ceiling. This greatly attenuates the signals on the AM broadcast band.
- Always rotate both the radio and loop to gain the best-received signal strength along with the best noise reduction.
- Keep iPods and other MP3 players away from your radio and loop, the RF hash they generate even when switched off is huge.
Our Tecsun PL880 Radio was reviewed in December 2014’s Silicon Chip Magazine.
Here are just a few of the things they had to say about it:
“Top marks to Tecsun!”
“Features and performance which far exceed those of the smaller cousins.”
“It’s a good looking radio, it’s a great sounding radio and it has every feature you could possibly want (and then some). In fact, in the time we had to play with it, we reckon we just scratched the surface of what it can do. And even then, it was impressive, to say the least.”
“If you want a radio that offers exceptional performance and a great range of ‘creature comforts’, you can’t go past the Tecsun PL880 radio.”
We had a bit of a play around with the PL880 radio today too!